Hilton Head Island Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K FAQ’s & Contact
Is the course USATF certified? What happens if I cant make it? Find the answers to all these questions and more on the Hilton Head Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K FAQ page.
Be sure to read the entire Race Details page in addition to this FAQ to make sure you have all the necessary info about the Hilton Head Marathon!
Live Event FAQs
Where can I check to see if I'm registered?
How do I updated my registration info?
Can I transfer my registration (bib) to another person?
To Transfer Your Registration to Another Runner:
- The original runner must log into their Enmotive account and scroll down to find their existing race registration under “Current and Upcoming Events.”
- Click the blue “Actions” button to the right of the race name, and then “Transfer Registration.”
- Enter the new runner’s email address to begin the transfer process.
- The new runner will then receive an email from Enmotive with a link to complete the transfer.
- After clicking the transfer link in the Enmotive email, scroll down to click the green “Accept transfer” button.
- Complete the registration process, and pay the $10 transfer fee.
- Once completed, the new runner will receive an email confirmation, and the original runner will receive an email confirming their registration has been cancelled.
If the transaction is not completed by the new runner within 48 hours of the email sent, the transfer request is cancelled, and the registration will remain in the original runner’s name.
Can I move up or down a category?
Yes. You may switch from one race to another as long as the race that you’re switching to isn’t already sold out.
- To do so, simply log into your account (you may need to reset your password first).
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll see your upcoming race on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click “View registration.” You’ll see your current race distance under “Category.”
- Just click “Edit,” choose the distance you’d like to switch to.
- You’ll be prompted to review the rest of your registration, and re-sign the waiver for the new distance.
If you’re switching up to the half marathon or full marathon, then you’ll be required to pay the difference in price. We don’t offer refunds for the difference in price when switching down to the half marathon or 5k. Instructions on accessing/creating your Enmotive account.
Can I transfer to another race?
Yes! To transfer your entry to another Ventures Endurance event, simply follow these steps:
- Log into your Enmotive account and scroll down to find your race registration under “Current and Upcoming Events.”
- Click the blue “Actions” button to the right of the race name, and then “Defer to Another Event.”
- Locate your desired event location in the dropdown menu, then click ‘Search.’
- From there, click your desired race category, then follow the onscreen prompts. Once you complete payment, you’re all set and your new registration will appear in your account!
All event transfers incur a $10 fee plus the cost difference of the new race category you choose. If your new event category is cheaper than your current category, you will not be refunded the difference in cost.
What is your refund policy?
Can I get my packet mailed to me?
If you’ve already registered and want to get your bib mailed to you, simply follow these steps:
- Log into your account, here (if you forget your password, you can reset it here).
- Once you’re logged in, scroll down to see your upcoming races.
- Once you locate your Hilton Head Marathon registration, click the Actions dropdown, then click “View Registration.”
- On your registration page, click “Edit,” next to Products, select the Packet Mailing option, then follow the on-screen prompts. You’ll be asked to confirm your shipping address. Please be sure your address is accurate as we cannot reroute packages sent to an incorrect address.
Can I register on race day?
Can I pick up bib and swag for another runner?
When will I get final information on the race?
What are the course time limits?
Full Marathon course cutoff will be near mile 17.9 (Arrow Road & Helmsman Way). Runners who are not at this point by 12:15 p.m. will be removed from course or politely asked to be moved up in our courtesy van.
Are the roads closed for the race?
Will there be prizes for winners?
Awards for the top three overall will be given out based on GUN times, Age group awards will be based on chip time.
There will be an awards ceremony for overall awards. Those that don’t wish to stay for the overall awards ceremony may pick up their award from the customer service tent.
Can I run with my dog or baby stroller?
Are headphones allowed?
Will there be pacers?
Is there an age limit?
Do I need to buy a shuttle pass?
Can I check in my gear?
How do I get my free race photos?
What are the AWD (athletes with disabilities) guidelines and event rules?
To participate as an AWD athlete you must notify the Race Director of your participation a minimum of 20 days in advance. This allows our staff to ensure the safety and security of each athlete on the course prepare the ES (early starters) corral for athletes. To ensure your spot and be approved as an AWD participant please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Should there be a duo team, a coupon code may be provided for the pusher/coach by emailing email@example.com.
Who should I email for press inquiries?
Virtual Event FAQs
Where can I run/walk?
What items are included with the Hilton Head Island Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K Virtual Run?
When do I need to complete my run?
You can complete your run anytime between February 5 – March 4, 2024 . Once you complete your run, you can log your results online. After that, you can download your Finisher’s Certificate, see how you rank on our active leaderboard, and upload photos to share with fellow participants.
How do I track my distance and time?
How do I log my results?
When will my packet ship?
Do I need to submit results to get a medal?
Do you ship internationally?
What do I do if my goodie bag doesn’t fit? Can I swap it?
Still Have Questions?
The answers to 99.9% of the questions we get asked every day are already on this awesome website, which means you’ll find an answer much quicker here than by emailing us and waiting a few days for a response! Of course, if you’ve read every word on this site and still can’t find the answer, shoot us an email and we’ll respond as soon as we can!